Recovery

    My father has improved a lot of the last few days.  He wanted to leave the rehab center today, but they said he would die if he left without oxygen, but I'm not so sure they're right about that.  Dad is down to 3 liters a minute and saturating around 96% which means he may be able to be on room air either now or in a couple of days.  He still has balance issues and he is not always 100% there mentally, but my brother is working on getting him discharged so that he can join my mother at Harmony assisted living in State College, PA.

   Today, I was well enough to shovel snow!  I had to shovel a small path to my car and I had to shovel little lanes for each tire and get the snow off the car.  I was able to do that and drive for an hour afterward. I still have an elevated resting heart rate and I often feel a bit of dizziness when I first get up.  But my resting heart rate is returning to normal and I usually need to wait a minute or less for the dizziness to clear.  

   In summary, we are both much better, so this blog will most likely end now.  I may post another update in a week or a month.

   Hope you all are coping well with covid19.   - Cheers, Hein


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A temporary Stalemate - long

Good news, weight loss sliver lining (long 800 words)

Vaccines